- How To Deal With Work Stress BetterPosted 8 months ago
- Can Gingko Biloba Improve Brain Function and Circulation?Posted 1 year ago
- How Does Exercise Affect Insulin and Blood Glucose Levels?Posted 2 years ago
- How Do I Lead a More Active Lifestyle?Posted 2 years ago
- How Exercise Prevents Heart Disease Risk FactorsPosted 3 years ago
- How Bones Shape and Support Our BodiesPosted 3 years ago
How Does Foot Reflexology Treatment Work?
It’s a well-known fact that most people enjoy having their feet rubbed to relax and unwind. But there’s more to it than just the feel-good factor. Foot reflexology is designed to help you physically, mentally and spiritually as a holistic therapy that works on the feet, enabling the body to heal itself.
How Foot Reflexology Treatment Works
There are points on the feet reflecting all areas of the body. These reflexes are worked through massage helping to restore the body’s natural balance through releasing toxins and blockages that impeded energy flow.
Foot reflexology reduces stress levels and promotes relaxation. Conditions that can be helped include digestive problems, back pain, arthritis, insomnia, migraine and menstrual problems. It is an excellent therapy for maintaining good health and is also a good preventative therapy.Foot reflexologists can tell where the problems are because of the color, texture and heat of the foot.
When you receive foot reflexology treatment the sensation is commonly described as being pleasant and soothing, nearly putting you to sleep from the relaxation. Sometimes patients feel discomfort, but it’s only for a moment and is usually an indication of congestion or imbalance in a corresponding part of the body. An increasing number of people are using this safe, natural therapy as a way of relaxing, balancing and harmonizing the body.