- How to Join a Fitness Center Without Being Scammed
- Facing the Facts on Cosmetics
- Why Homeopathy Really Doesn’t Work
- The Difficult Search for Higher Self-Esteem
- Vitamin K: The Blood Clotting Vitamin
- How To Deal With Work Stress Better
- Can Gingko Biloba Improve Brain Function and Circulation?
- How Does Exercise Affect Insulin and Blood Glucose Levels?
- How Do I Lead a More Active Lifestyle?
- How Exercise Prevents Heart Disease Risk Factors
How Does Foot Reflexology Treatment Work?
It’s a well-known fact that most people enjoy having their feet rubbed to relax and unwind. But there’s more to it than just the feel-good factor. Foot reflexology is designed to help you physically, mentally and spiritually as a holistic therapy that works on the feet, enabling the body to heal itself.
How Foot Reflexology Treatment Works
There are points on the feet reflecting all areas of the body. These reflexes are worked through massage helping to restore the body’s natural balance through releasing toxins and blockages that impeded energy flow.
Foot reflexology reduces stress levels and promotes relaxation. Conditions that can be helped include digestive problems, back pain, arthritis, insomnia, migraine and menstrual problems. It is an excellent therapy for maintaining good health and is also a good preventative therapy.Foot reflexologists can tell where the problems are because of the color, texture and heat of the foot.
When you receive foot reflexology treatment the sensation is commonly described as being pleasant and soothing, nearly putting you to sleep from the relaxation. Sometimes patients feel discomfort, but it’s only for a moment and is usually an indication of congestion or imbalance in a corresponding part of the body. An increasing number of people are using this safe, natural therapy as a way of relaxing, balancing and harmonizing the body.