- How To Deal With Work Stress BetterPosted 8 months ago
- Can Gingko Biloba Improve Brain Function and Circulation?Posted 1 year ago
- How Does Exercise Affect Insulin and Blood Glucose Levels?Posted 2 years ago
- How Do I Lead a More Active Lifestyle?Posted 2 years ago
- How Exercise Prevents Heart Disease Risk FactorsPosted 3 years ago
- How Bones Shape and Support Our BodiesPosted 3 years ago
What Is The Definition of Indigestion?
Indigestion or dyspepsia is an indefinite term frequently used to describe any discomfort occurring from a disorder of the digestive tract. The trouble may originate in the stomach itself or be a symptom of other organic disorders, such as diseases of the colon, chronic appendicitis, gallbladder disease, diabetes, or renal calculus.
Other Causes Of Indigestion
Emotional disturbance as well as poor chewing, rapid eating, poor diet, overindulgence in high fat food, concentrated sweets, or incorrectly cooked foods can cause indigestion.
Dietary Recommendations For Indigestion
The cause, mental or physical, will usually be determined by a physician before any dietary recommendations is given. For simple indigestion, good eating habits combined with an adequate diet may be sufficient corrective measures. If a modified diet is used, it frequently is a bland diet with slow progression to a regular diet.